We are open 52 weeks of the year and closed on all gazetted public holidays.
Please note fees are still payable on public holidays if it is your child’s regular day of attendance.
Arrival & departure
Children must only be delivered or collected by persons as stated on the Enrolment Form unless prior written arrangements are made with management.
Parents who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be asked to nominate someone else to collect their child. Please always make sure you tell the Educators you are taking your child.
Sign in iPads are located on the front desk to digitally sign your child in.
Due to the strict insurances and licence conditions to which we must adhere, a late fee of $2.00 per minute will be charged for parents who fail to collect their child/children by 6.00pm, unless in an emergency situation. It is imperative that the centre opens and closes on time.
What your child needs to bring
- Write your child’s name on their belongings and every item of their clothing, including bags, shoes, bottles and dummies.
- Dress your child in protective clothing for messy play.
- Ensure you provide safe clothing for both indoor and outdoor play with comfortable, securely fitting shoes. Children are required to wear tops with sleeves for protection from the sun as per our policy.
- Do not leave any medication in your child’s bag, always have medication labelled by a Doctor and hand it to a senior educator and fill in a medication form.
- Upon enrolment, we will supply one hat, one t-shirt and a drink bottle.
Here is what your child needs to bring each day
0 – 2 years
- Wide brim, slouch, surf or bucket-style hat (recommended by Cancer Foundation).
- Two (2) complete sets of clothes, including socks and jumper, if cold
- Formula bottles made up for the day (if older, empty bottles), dummy. Please ensure they are labelled with your child’s name
- Soft toy or similar for sleep time if required
- Please leave nappy cream in your child’s bag in case they develop a rash, have labelled by a chemist, and sign a medication form (please see staff)
- Full nappy service provided
2 – 5 years
- Wide Brim, Slouch, Surf or Bucket style hat.
- Change of clothes, including socks and jumper if cold
- Four (4) pairs or more of training pants and shorts (if toilet training)
- If your child is toilet training please dress them in clothes that are easy for them to take off to go to the toilet.
- Nappy / Pull-up for sleep time and home time if required
- Soft toy or similar for sleep time if required
Long cords can be caught on play equipment and loose buttons and beads can be dangerous. Our outdoor policy recommends that children’s shoes be worn when playing on the outdoor climbing equipment. If you do not wish this to happen, please speak to the senior educator in your room.
Children in the kindy room are taught self-help skills and encouraged to put their own socks, shoes and clothes on. Please dress them in clothes that are easy to put on and off for this reason.
We request that no lollies, food or toys be brought to the centre.
Lost property boxes are provided in every room or in the centre foyer.
Illness & immunisations
School runs & holiday care
The centre has developed a timetable to arrive at the schools close to schedule starting and finishing times. We have designated parking places and pick up points in each of the school premises. All kindy children are walked into their classrooms for the first three weeks of the school year.
When school children arrive back at the centre they will be given a drink and afternoon tea.
The school children follow My Time, Our Place framework. The framework focuses on your child’s wellbeing and development. Creating a program that builds on your child’s interests and abilities. Letting school children be active participants in the programming, making decisions and choices on their learning.
We offer school holiday and pupil free days when we have vacancies, but places are very limited and we recommend booking well in advance of the holidays. Priority is given to the children that use the before and after school service.
School holiday programmes are organised prior to the holidays commencing. The programming consists of many fun interests and activities the children will enjoy.
The minimum staff/child ratios on excursions are as required by Community Services (Child Care) Regulation 1996. Volunteers are also required at times to increase adult/child ratios.
The centre has one bus fully equipped with seat belts and booster seats for the transportation of children on excursions. Parents and volunteers are always welcome.
Fees & payments
All fees are to be paid via Direct Debit (Debitsuccess) and Centrepay only. All families must complete a Debitsuccess or Centre Pay application form upon enrolment.
Please note that no CCS can be paid if your child’s immunisations are not up to date.
Fees are payable when your child is absent from the centre due to sickness, annual leave, occasional absences and public holidays to keep your child’s place at the centre. You are entitled to 42 absences per year.
If you are planning holidays, a holiday application form is available from the office. This form must be filled out two weeks prior to the holiday absence to receive a discount on your fees for two weeks a financial year.
To receive this discount, fees must be two weeks in advance. All children‘s booked days, including public holidays, must be paid to retain your booking.
Late fees are charged if children remain in the centre after closing times.
Some families are entitled to fee relief from Centrelink. Please call them on 13 61 50 to lodge your application over the phone. They are open from 8.00am to 8.00pm Monday to Friday.
You must supply the centre with your own and your child’s customer reference numbers (CRN) before commencing at the centre. We can then calculate what your weekly gap fee that you will be charged.
Special Child Care Benefit
The centre can provide up to 13 weeks’ care for your child/children if you have an unexpected financial hardship. This is paid for by the government. Please see Centre Management as conditions apply.
Two weeks‘ notice is required if you wish to cancel a booking. Failure to do so will require parents to pay two weeks full fees.
All accounts must be finalised by this time, as any outstanding accounts will be forwarded to debt collection agencies.